School ends for us this Tuesday, June 24th- and I feel like I’m a kid waiting for Christmas morning! I try and have a few simple things set up for the boys- even the big guy- to make a little “Woo-HOO” of it all! Last year, I broke out the window markers and painted the front door while the boys were at school, and filled some sand pails up with a items like balloons, comics, those balsa wood airplanes, a pack of those tiny paper bang snaps you throw on the ground and they make a *pop*, some waterguns, silly string and sunglasses.
|All packed up and waiting to welcome the boys to summer- I was a little worried that they would be gone when we got home, but luckily, the summer bucket looters were busy that day!|
|Liam was thrilled to see the car painted with messages about the last day of school- and it was double fun waving at all the people who were honking in approval at us as we drove home!
On the way home, we stopped at Bob Howards, a local candy shoppe that is packed with old time candy and toys. I gave the boys a few dollars and they got to treat themselves to some treats- Liam like the Silly Putty, Ryan went for ice cold Coke in a glass bottle!
So, with this year fast coming to a close, I was brainstorming for some fun twists on the way we celebrate- and I came across these five- which I wanted to share with you. (You can find the links on my ‘Joyful Summer’ Pinboard here).
1. I loved this photo idea. I’ll have to get each of the boys against a neutral backdrop- and then bring the picture into an app or photoshop to add the sentiments. It would make a terrific- and easy scrapping layout, don’t you think?
2. I think this time I’ll decorate the inside of the mini van- and make sure I park right next to where the kids get dismissed- think of the terrific mayhem of all these balloons spilling out!
3. This is simple and fun! I might to a banner for them to break going out of the front door as we leave for school- saying welcome to the last day of school- just to start to build up the excitement of it all!
4. How cool to come home to a secret mission box like this? Maybe, I’ll hide it in the back yard. and give them dark sunglasses and secret mission files on the way home!
5. Ok- this is not really for them, it’s for me. I LOVE fresh made pizza on the BBQ- fresh mozzarella, ripe vine tomatoes and basil from my garden. Throw in a glass of Sangria and mama is in heaven! This baby is on my wish list- it has built in pizza stones. It’s a little indulgent, and I love my little Weber Grill with charcoals- but the ease of firing this bad boy up- has me looking forward to the next sale at Target!
Can you tell I love this all as much as they do?! I’ll be back with photos- until then- here’s wishing you wonderful first days of summer!